Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Meet the Author- JANE ANTHONY


Welcome all.

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Jane Anthony, author of Secrets & Promises, Chasing Casey, KADE: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance, Resurrecting Hope, Pretty Reckless.

ME: Hi Jane Anthony, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little  about yourself and your background?
JANE ANTHONY: I like to refer to myself as a fist-pumping Jersey girl. Music is really important to me. I'm an old soul with very eclectic tastes. I also love Halloween, coffee, cars, 80's pop trivia, and the Walking Dead.

ME: What genre do you write?
JANE ANTHONY: Contemporary & Erotic Romance

ME: Which writers inspire you?
JANE ANTHONY:  Honestly, I can't really say I'm inspired by any one particular person. I admire so many. Betty Shreffler for her confidence and never-ending drive to succeed, Dani Rene' for her ability to write so many amazingly beautiful stories so quickly, MNever for her knowledge and her wicked mind ...
Inspiration is so much more than just words on paper. It's the people behind the stories that influence me more than anything else. 

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
JANE ANTHONY: Pretty Reckless took a lot out of me, so I'm taking a short break to recharge. I do have a few things in the works though ;)

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
JANE ANTHONY: I just finished by 5th book Pretty Reckless. It went live yesterday and is now available on Amazon for the special sale price of just $0.99 until Saturday 8/26. I also have a give away for some cool prizes
you can enter at:   https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJaneAnthony/posts/494461984265263         

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
JANE ANTHONY: Oooh!!! I love this question! Hands down, Mila Kunis for Kat. Looks wise, the resemblance (at least in my own mind!) is spot on! Chase is a little harder. My muse for that character was Dawid Auguscik, who's a French tattoo model. His looks are perfect, as long as he doesn't speak ;) 

ME: When did you decide to become a writer
JANE ANTHONY: When I was in middle school

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
JANE ANTHONY: Computer

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just to see where an idea takes you?
JANE ANTHONY: Kind of both? My first few novels were totally pants. I went into the chapters blind, flying by the seat of my pants. I still do that, for the most part, but I do take notes as ideas come to me. It's sort of a weird form of
outlining, I guess.

Me: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
JANE ANTHONY: I don't read nearly as much as I should. It's pretty pathetic, really. When I do get the time to lose myself in a book, I usually reach for CM Stunich, Caisey Quinn, Jodi Picoult, or Dani Rene'. That being said, my Kindle is chock FULL of amazing authors just waiting to be read!

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
JANE ANTHONY: Yes and no. I have gotten some lifelong readers and friends from giving away free books, so I can't speak ill of it, but I still feel like there are a lot of book hoarders out there who simply want my book because it's free, not
because they want to read it.

ME: How do you relax?
JANE ANTHONY: I watch TV and play with my phone. It's a sickness. lol

ME:  What is your favorite book and why?
JANE ANTHONY: Believe it or not, 1984 by George Orwell. I read it in High School and it just blew my mind. It was the first book I'd ever read that stuck with me long after reading it.

ME: What is your favorite quote?

JANE ANTHONY: Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself.

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers
JANE ANTHONY: The biggest of advice I could give is find your tribe. Put yourself out there, join groups, make friends. Don't be afraid to share ideas. Get silly. The people I've met through this crazy journey are some of the best friends I've ever had. They guide me, help me, build me up when I'm fail, hold me higher when I succeed. They are my daily support system, and I would be nothing without them. Writing is a solitary profession, but that doesn't mean you have to do it alone.

ME: What does your writing process look like?
JANE ANTHONY: You really want to take this trip inside the circus I call my brain??
It all starts with an idea. Could be something as simple as a dream I had, a scene
that plays out in my head - anything, really - then it gradually builds from there.  
I blow out with the first few chapters right away. Starting a new story is the best. It's exciting and exhilarating. I love meeting the characters, forming the world, setting their personalities down - that part is my favorite. Then it starts to get hard... 

Usually it goes like this:
20k words in: Angels are singing my praises. I'm a literary genius! This the best story I've ever written!
20k-30k: Oh shit ... I didn't expect that to happen. What do I do now?
30k-40k: I have no idea what to do with these fuckers. Oh my God, I hate them! I want to kill them both in a fiery inferno and start over! This is trash! The worst! I'm a talent-less hack!! I can't do this!
40k-50k: die die die!
50k +: Oh...The end. *tears* This story is so good! I can't wait to hear what my betas think!

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
JANE ANTHONY: The constant self doubt. I wish I was a more confident writer.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
JANE ANTHONY: The love scenes stress me out. I put way too much emphasis on myself to make sure they have a pleasing spice to emotion ratio. I often end up rewriting them all after they're written.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
JANE ANTHONY: HAHAHA I learned how to bathe horses, how to fix an engine, how the court process in a custody trial works, and how long of a sentence one could potentially face for drug crimes.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
JANE ANTHONY: My tribe :)

ME: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
JANE ANTHONY: Promoting a book once it's finished. Writing a novel is only half the battle. The real work doesn't start until you've written "the end"

ME: What book are you reading now?
JANE ANTHONY: I just started Screw Up (Hard Rock Roots book 10) by CM Stunich

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
JANE ANTHONY: I got to meet MNever and Dani Rene' recently. That was too amazing for words. 

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
JANE ANTHONY: Romance

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
JANE ANTHONY: Romance :)

Me: What secret talents do you have?
JANE ANTHONY: You'd have to ask my husband (ha ha!). I can crochet. I don't mean just blankets either. I can make clothes, dolls, and hats, as well. Pretty much anything.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
JANE ANTHONY: I don't know. Never gave the matter too much thought.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (American, UK, etc.) Goodreads:

Website    Newsletter    Twitter    Facebook

Facebook group: Jane's Addicted Romance Readers

Instagram    Amazon     Pinterest    Goodreads

ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
JANE ANTHONY: My mother's maiden name and the street I grew up on. No, I think you've covered it all! :)

Me: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
JANE ANTHONY: You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment