Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Meet The Author - Robin Rance


Welcome all.

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Robin Rance.

ME: Hi Robin Rance, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background, where are you from?
ROBIN RANCE: I was a letter carrier with the US Post Office for twenty-four
years.  The stories I could tell you working in that job would fill two novels.  I retired early and now my husband and I live in hot Arizona.  I came here for the heat and love it. We have 17 grand kids between us, and 8 children.  This is the third one for each of us, and it's been a charm.  I work part time at an RV resort, and I love to write every chance I can get.

ME: Name of your books
ROBIN RANCE: I have quite a few that I've written, but my favorites to write were Introducing John Smith and Her Mid-Life Cravings

ME: What genre do you write?
ROBIN RANCE: I mostly write thought provoking Contemporary romance. With positive uplifting themes.

ME: Which writers inspire you?
ROBIN RANCE: Suzan Tisdale is my biggest inspiration. She is such a genuine person in real life and she is the one who encouraged me to write.

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
ROBIN RANCE: I'm working on three sequels, and a Christmas anthology with
9 other amazing authors.  All proceeds will be donated to St. Judes. Look for that one very soon.  Tentative title is, "Snowflakes from Heaven."

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?ROBIN RANCE: I'm also working on the sequel to More Heat. It's an undercover agent series which was based on someone I once knew. The sequel titled, Heated should be out by the end of September. I'm also
working on the sequel to Unforgettable Lexi Bella, and the next one in the 'Never Forget’ series
is Titled, Mind Over Matters.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
ROBIN RANCE: Actually, I've had many people tell me they would love to see my first book as a miniseries or movie.  The actor who would be perfect for the part of John Smith would be Chris Hemsworth, and the leading lady, Scarlett Johanson.

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
ROBIN RANCE: About a year ago.  I kept dreaming the same story over and
over again, so I started writing it down.  After that one, I began dreaming others. I have a never-ending supply of books in my mind just waiting for me to share them. 

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
ROBIN RANCE: Typewriter. I learned on an electric typewriter in High school 40 years ago.  I'm not fast, but I thank God that I took it now.

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just to see where an idea takes you?
ROBIN RANCE: I don't ever plot. I listen to my characters and go from there. I
start with a general idea, but I usually end up amazed at where my characters and my muse takes me.

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
ROBIN RANCE: I used to read at least 3 or 4 books a week.  Now I can only read in between writing a book.  I love Susan Tisdale, Aliya Dalrae, and I have a few more favorites. My reading started at the age of eleven with Edgar Rice Burroughs. I read everything he wrote. I also love Diana Gallbaldon who wrote the Outlander series.

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
ROBIN RANCE: I'm hoping so. It gets my books out there, and I now have a serious fan base who can't wait to read one of my books as soon as I put it out there.

ME: How do you relax?
ROBIN RANCE: I love to play in the Colorado River and read and write. If my grandkids are visiting, they are the best way.

ME: What is your favorite book and why?
ROBIN RANCE: I love the Outlander series, by Diana Galbaldon. I love
historical romance, and this series is the best of both worlds. Sexy characters who have come to life in my imagination. That's what a good book should do. Come to life and make you feel like you are a part of it. 

ME: What is your favorite quote?
ROBIN RANCE: This quote is from my book, Her Mid-Life Cravings. "Drake, I come with a lot of baggage, but it does fit in my purse. I thought I’d found my happily ever after, and he just turned out to be the once upon a time. Will you be my happily ever after?"

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
ROBIN RANCE: Research, research and more research.  Take your time and do
it right the first time.  I lost a lot of fans because I rushed my first one into being published. My editor at the time sucked and I had to go back and reformat and edit many of my books, but I didn't know any better. It was a hard mistake to learn.

ME: What does your writing process look like?ROBIN RANCE: I have ideas popping up in my head all the time. I sit down and start writing, then once I get a good story started, I work on the covers and watch the whole thing come to life.

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
ROBIN RANCE: The editing part. I was never good at grammar and English. I sure wish I'd paid attention to those subjects now.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
ROBIN RANCE: I've written them all and loved every minute of it.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
ROBIN RANCE: I've learned that I have a lot of life experiences to share, and I can do it through my writing.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
ROBIN RANCE: I have a huge fan who lives in the resort I work in.  She has bought everything of mine the second she sees it on line.

ME: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
ROBIN RANCE: Just the editing part. All the stories and characters are waiting for me to finish their stories.

ME: What book are you reading now?
ROBIN RANCE: I am writing again, but I just finished reading Butterfly Garden by Annette Blair. I loved it. Such a sweet sensual story about an Amish family.  Wow!

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
ROBIN RANCE: My Great, Great and many more greats was Jefferson Davis the confederate president. I would love to meet him.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
ROBIN RANCE: My favorite theme has been sexy contemporary. I have two characters in my novellas that I fell in love with.  The next book in that series will be a full-length book and it will be hot!

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
ROBIN RANCE: Historical time travel and romance.

ME: What secret talents do you have?
ROBIN RANCE: I am a fantastic cook, I put out a cook book actually with many of my own recipes.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
ROBIN RANCE: Greece. I worked with Greek people for many years and I would love to visit that country.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (American, UK, etc.) Goodreads:

Facebook      Twitter              

Instagram       Amazon               


ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
ROBIN RANCE: I'm not the most prolific writer, but my stories are great and they leave you with a big smile and feeling good. Check out one of them and you will be hooked.

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
ROBIN RANCE: Thank you so much for allowing me to tell you more about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment