Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Meet The Author - Taylor Johns

Welcome all.

Today I’m very lucky to be Taylor Johns author of The X-Treme series (X-Treme Confusion, X-Treme Lies and Xavier Love Lilly), Her Wicked Fantasy,
Rebelling Love

ME: Hi Taylor Johns, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
TAYLOR JOHNS: A little about myself...just for the record, I hate this part of Q & As.  Let's see, I'm a wife of 22 years, mom to two great boys. The only thing bad about them is that they are teenagers. I work outside the home and my brain is always in author mode. Meaning, I'm always arguing with the voices in my head; they can be dickheads sometimes.

ME: What genre do you write?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Contemporary Romance, Erotic with an edge

ME: Which writers inspire you? 

TAYLOR JOHNS: This is hard. Every author that I have the privilege to talk to inspires me, I just can't pick one. I'm learning something new every time I speak to someone that is on the same journey as I am.

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
TAYLOR JOHNS: X-Treme Caution. It's a spin off from my first series.

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Yes and no....haha. I just started working on it, but I can tell
you that Dawg isn’t going to be like my normal alpha asshole, but Laney will be my typical strong, sassy female that know what she likes when it comes to sex.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Again, this is a hard one. Unlike my other woman, Laney is a blonde and I just can't think of an actress that I like that is a blonde.

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
TAYLOR JOHNS: When my dad suddenly passed in 2014. It made me realize
that you need to pursue your dreams today, because tomorrow may not be here for you.

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Computer.

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just to see where an idea takes you?
TAYLOR JOHNS: I try to, but sometimes the story takes a life of its own. But I do buy notebooks and write notes in it to keep track of ages, places and
timelines.

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
TAYLOR JOHNS: Not as much as I want to and what is up with these hard questions...UGH! My favorite... Well, depends what genre we are talking about.

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Yes and no. It's actually a double edge sword. I've given
boat loads of books away in hopes of getting more reviews. I've gained several readers that way, but my reviews are still lacking. 

ME: How do you relax?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Well this one is easy... Sex....lol  And if I can't have that, watching TV. I love movies and just sitting on the couch and not thinking. I call this my 'deadhead' time...lol

ME: What is your favorite book and why?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Nope. Can't answer. Asking me to pick my favorite book is like asking me to pick my favorite kid. 


ME: What is your favorite quote?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Handle every stressful situation like a Dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, then piss on it and walk away.

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Do this for yourself and your happiness. Write the story YOU want to read because you will never write a story that everyone will love. Also, realize you are a minnow in an ocean of whales. Writing is the easiest part, getting out there and noticed, well that is where the hard work starts. Last and not least, find your tribe. You will need them. 


ME: What does your writing process look like?
TAYLOR JOHNS: It's different with each book. So, I really don't have an answer for this.

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Reaching out to blogs. I've been doing this since June of 1015 and I still get nervous asking blogs for help in the promoting of my books.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?

TAYLOR JOHNS: Nope. :-D

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
TAYLOR JOHNS: I'm my worse critic.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
TAYLOR JOHNS: That would be Heather, my bestie. She has my back no matter what I do in life.

ME: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Finding the time.  Working a job outside the home and tending to family takes up a lot of your time, but I still manage some time to listening to the voices and put them down on paper.

ME: What book are you reading now?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Ghostface Killer by M.Never


ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Elvis. I just LOVE his music.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
TAYLOR JOHNS: I love my damaged asshole alphas and the strong women that put them back together again.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?

TAYLOR JOHNS: Anything with a great romance story, twists and turns, and steamy scenes

ME: What secret talents do you have?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Oh, I can't talk about them. The hubs doesn't like it when I brag. ;-) ... But I am a pretty crafty person. I love making new things out of old things.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
TAYLOR JOHNS: I want to see the Aurora lights.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads:

Amazon    Web page    Instagram  


Or join a couple of my favorite groups;


ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
TAYLOR JOHNS: Not that I can think of right now, but I might have something once I try to sleep tonight. That is when my brain will go, "You know what you should have said..." lol  My brain is a real bitch sometimes. ;-)

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
TAYLOR JOHNS: You're very welcome. Thanks for being interested in my thoughts and my work.

Love & Hugs, Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment