Monday, August 28, 2017

Must Read Monday


HERE ARE A COUPLE OF BOOKS THAT I HAVE READ THAT YOU SHOULD TOO!

Just A Woman (The Porter Trilogy Book 2)
Author: Shannon Youngblood
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Blurb: Charlotte’s history, and Alex’s inability to speak the truth, fractured an already unstable relationship and sent Charlotte running in the opposite direction. However, a connection like theirs, one that is so palpable, cannot easily be broken. Alex is determined to right the wrongs done to Charlotte. But deep rooted scars from their respective and conjoined pasts have left both of them broken, afraid, and alone. To win her back, Alex knows he must do what he’s never done before; feel what he’s never allowed himself to feel. Yet, is it even possible for someone like Alex Porter to bring romance into his life? Is Charlotte capable to look past his lies by omission and let him back in? And once she does, can they both get around the never ending hurdles that seem to cross their path without causing their already shaky world, to crumble at their feet?
My Review: Just A Woman is part two in The Porter Trilogy and you need to read book 1 first to fully understand this book. With that being said I finished this book last night and waited until now to write my review hoping the words would come to me but I still don’t know what to say about this amazing second installment of a great series. I started this book yesterday morning and was finished by 11 pm last night because I just could not put it down. The characters are so well written that you can’t help but feel for them. The emotional roller coaster this book takes you on gives you all the fills, anger, sadness, suspense, laughter, joy, tears (both happy and sad), a few hot and steamy scenes to get you going, a few WTH moments with a huge twist at the end leaves you with your mouth hung open screaming for more. I don’t know how I am going to be able to wait for book 3 to come out so I can find out what happens next! This series is a must read!


My Hot Boss (A Romantic Comedy Standalone)
Author: Betty Shreffler
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Blurb: Emma
From the moment I met Grayson Cole, I knew he was someone I wanted to let in my panties and maybe, even in my heart. One night, one sexy-as-sin kiss, and several drinks later, our incredible evening turns into a disaster and I’m apologizing for the vomit spatter on his fancy, black shoes. I never thought I’d see him again after that, no matter how many nights I spent wishing I would. Until a month later, he waltzes into my office as—MY NEW, HOT BOSS.
I’m so screwed.
Grayson
She was meant to be a fun f*ck. That’s all I wanted. That’s all I needed. But Emma Williams could never be just that for me. The quirky, brunette vixen challenges me at every opportunity. My desire to have her has me working for her affections, like I’ve never done before. What is this woman doing to me? Not only am I her Boss, but I don’t do feelings. There’s only one way I see this ending.
I’m f*cked for sure.
My Review: Another amazing read by this author. This book is fun hot read. Emma just out of a bad break-up is dragged to a club with her best friend where she runs into Grayson, they hit it off right away, flirting and kissing until they go to leave and too much drinking leads to embarrassing moment for Emma and a busted phone leaves her alone and no way to find Grayson. One month later, Grayson walks into Emma’s office as her new boss. You get work place attraction, jealousy, damaged hearts from past relationships, a conniving relative and some insecurities, secrets. Trying to find out if they can make it work with all of these things against them makes for a page turning fun read with some smoking hot scenes and a few suspenseful moments. I would recommend this book as a one click must.


The Accalia (The Accalia Series Book 1)
Author: H L Girton
Genre: Paranormal & Urban
Blurb: After traveling the country with her aunt, Genesis Berkley finally feels like she is home. Settling in Tillamook, Oregon, she begins a new life and everything seems to be going smoothly. That is, until she runs into a mysterious young man.
The feelings that he awakens are unsettling, and soon, her simple, peaceful world shatters. Lies and secrets are revealed, and danger lurks in every corner.
Now, Genesis must discover if she is strong enough to fulfill her destiny. Will she learn to accept the truth before it is too late?
My Review: The Accalia is the debut book by author H L Girton and I am glad I got the chance to read this. When you hear paranormal or shifter or any book containing werewolves the first that is its going to be a insta-love type thing because of some imprint or mating bond and within 3 chapters max two strangers are in love and can’t keep their hands to themselves. This book however is so not the typical book about werewolves, in a great way. It was refreshing to read a new take on an over populated subject. This book has plenty of action, some suspense and romance in it. This is more of a coming of age or coming into your birthright story of an 18-year-old girl, Genesis who suddenly thrown into a paranormal world that she knew nothing about and has to deal with great lose, new found family, love for the first time and her birthright as the Accalia. I gave it for stars instead of 5 because I hate cliffhangers lol. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting a different take on an old subject.

Ethan: NAC & The Holly Group (Alpha Team Book 5)
Author: Chelsea Handcock
Genre: Romance
Blurb: Ethan Lord has distinct tastes when it comes to women, ready, willing, and submissive. His life is simple—work and play. The two areas never intersect and that's the way he likes it. When he finds a pretty little thing kneeling at his feet ready, willing, and submissive, the mating instinct hits him like a Mack truck, and he isn't so sure he can keep the two separate much longer. So, he does the only thing he can think of, walk away, but not before leaving a lasting impression.

Sophie has been sent on a mission to infiltrate the Alpha Team in any way possible. She never thought that would mean being sent to a Sex Club and acting the part of a Submissive. Her thoughts, feelings, and views don't matter, the Overseer gave his instructions, and she must follow them. The lives of her sister, nephew, and her own depend on the outcome of this mission. She will do whatever it takes to complete it.
Too bad nothing ever goes as planned.
***WARNING: contains explicit sexual situations, violence, disturbingly sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language, and very mature topics. Recommended for age 18 years and up***

My Review: First I must say I given this book with no promised in return and decided to post my honest opinion. This is a new author to me and Ethan was the first book I read by this author. Even though it is book 5 in the series I was able to follow the story line with no problem (can easily be read as a standalone) with that being said I am going back and getting books 1 – 4 and reading them as soon as I can because this book was great from the first page to the very end. The story line is easy to believe (in a world if shifters existed). The characters are believable and easy to find yourself rooting for them, yelling at them and getting angry for them. For a shifter book, I love the fact that this is not an insta-love story, even with the mating bond Ethan and Sophie fight their attraction for each other. Ethan is a true dominate alpha in every yummy since of the word and Sophie is strong and determined woman with a (submissive side in the bedroom). There is plenty of action, suspense, and some really hot and steamy scenes. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a good shifter romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment