Monday, August 21, 2017

Special Monday Meet The Author = Harper Phoenix

Welcome all,

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Harper Phoenix author of Forbidden Love, Complicated Love and Fated Love (Oct 2017)

ME: Hi Harper Phoenix, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background, where are you from?
HARPER PHOENIX: I'm from east Yorkshire in the UK, I am a mum wife
slave and taxi service. My passion has always been reading then writing.

ME: What genre do you write?
HARPER PHOENIX: Paranormal romance

ME: Which writers inspire you?
HARPER PHOENIX: I would have to say TM Frazier Jordan Marie and Lili St. Germain if I could write half as amazing as they do I would feel accomplished šŸ˜

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
HARPER PHOENIX: Book 3 in the stone pack series. Howard and Willows story
Fated Love.

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
HARPER PHOENIX: Absolutely, the stories follow a pack of werewolves, and this one is about Howard who is second in command and his love interest Willow. Howard is a take no shit kind of guy and comes across as quite arrogant šŸ˜
and moody, he meets his match in Willow who is 5 years younger than him. Willow joined the stone pack with her brother after they were brought to England with them. But her old pack wants her back. And so, the story unfolds. I can't say to much more without giving the plot away but there will be twists and turns and hopefully things you won't expect

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
HARPER PHOENIX: Charlie Hunnam

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
HARPER PHOENIX: I don’t think I ever became a writer, I just loved to write. I decided to publish when my nan passed away. I decided to make the most out of life because that’s what she always did.

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand? 

HARPER PHOENIX: On my trusty laptop

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just to see where an idea takes you?
HARPER PHOENIX: I always start with an idea, but I build on a character and let them tell me their story. So quite often I think I know where it’s going to go and it totally throws me for a loop!

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
HARPER PHOENIX: I LOVE to read but since I began this series, I barely have time. But when I’m finished I binge read. Authors who I will stop what I’m doing for are TM Frazier and Jordan Marie.

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
HARPER PHOENIX: Yes, for authors like me who have just started out. I give ARCs and do lots of giveaways because although I’d love to write full time and earn a living, its more about people reading my stories. 


ME: How do you relax?
HARPER PHOENIX: I read to relax or have a hot soak in the bath.

ME: What is your favorite book and why?
HARPER PHOENIX: This is so hard to answer, I have read all of my life so to choose one is so difficult, however I LOVE King by TM Frazier. I love the grit, passion and attitude of the characters. And the way she writes.

ME: What is your favorite quote?
HARPER PHOENIX: Wow this changes every day but I love inspirational quotes. One I love is "only ever look back to see how far you have come."

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
HARPER PHOENIX: Get a good editor!! Lol and write from the heart not what you think you should write, go on a journey with your characters and let them
tell their story.

ME: What does your writing process look like?
HARPER PHOENIX: It's not pretty! I plan very little, I don't write anything down in stone. So, things can change. I don't usually write in order either. Scenes will jump out at me and I will have to piece it together. I generally just write without care or attention to grammar and spelling, because I don't want to lose the flow. But I always go over what I did the day before. When I sit at my desk I cover the previous and then start again. For this book, I am trying to write a chapter at a time. It seems to be working so far. So, we will see how that continues.

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
HARPER PHOENIX: I like the process but for me the least favorite is the promo stuff. I even like editing I love getting it back from my editor and see how she's tweaked stuff.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
HARPER PHOENIX: I enjoy a challenge so will try anything! I think action
scenes are always harder for me because you really must capture the scene your imagination and put it into words so the reader can visualize it. I did a battle scene in my last book and that took me a few attempts at getting it just how I wanted.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
HARPER PHOENIX: I think as an indie author you learn everyday while you strive for perfection. I have learnt to trust in my ability. And, that creative writing is subjective so not all readers will enjoy my work.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
HARPER PHOENIX: My Pa and Friend Kim. My rock and the person who I go to for everything. Despite having never met face to face. She beta read my book and has been stuck with me ever since.

ME: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
HARPER PHOENIX: Making the time write with a big family and other
commitments is the biggest challenge.

ME: What book are you reading now?
HARPER PHOENIX: I'm not, but Jordan Marie has released a new book so I will be reading that very soon. However, my TBR is huge!!

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
HARPER PHOENIX: Okay I would like to say some great writer of bygone years, but I'd be a total girl and say Jason Momoa because well Hawt! šŸ¤£

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
HARPER PHOENIX: Paranormal romance for adults. I love werewolves!

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
HARPER PHOENIX: It used to be PNR but I steer clear of that genre now I write it. My fave I think has to be Mc romance. I love a bad boy šŸ˜

ME: What secret talents do you have?
HARPER PHOENIX: Well... I would say ask my husband šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
HARPER PHOENIX: Florida (meeting Kim there in October)

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads: * 
HARPER PHOENIX:
Website    Facebook     Newsletter    

Twitter  Goodreads    Instagram   


 Harper's Harlots Street Team:
PM Lesley Robson or Harper Phoenix on Facebook to inquire.

ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
HARPER PHOENIX: Think we're covered!

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.

HARPER PHOENIX: Thank you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment