Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Meet the Author - JESS HANEY AND S.I. HAYES


Welcome all,

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing S.I. Hayes and Jess Haney author of:

JESS: Hudson Brothers PI & A Heart String Love Affair
S.I.: (Series- Guardians of Grigori, The Natural Alpha, & Manhattanites) The
Roads Trilogy, Centuries of Blood: Becoming, Heart of Stone, Battleborn,
Sweet Girls, & Administrative Duties
TOGETHER: A County Fair Romance, A Sex, Drugs & Rock Romance, & Working Class Beauties

ME: Hi Ladies, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
S.I. and JESS: This is kind of funny because when we first started writing A County Fair Romance everyone thought we lived close to one another but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm (Jess) a Kentucky gal through and through
much like our Fallon. Where I'm (S.I.) from Connecticut transplanted into Ohio. With Jess being a country gal and me being a Yankee we figured that it would be interesting to see how our different backgrounds and views would transpire on the page with two characters in love.

ME: What genre do you write?
S.I. and JESS: A little of this and a little of that. Jess writes what we like to call Real-Life Romance. It touches those iffy topics that some hate to talk about. So, together we make sure to keep with it. S.I. writes Erotica, Horror, Fantasy and the list just keeps growing. 


ME: What are you working on at the minute?
S.I. and JESS: Oh Jesus let's see...
JESS: I am working on A Heart Strings Love Affair book
three, Hudson's
Brothers PI book 2 as well as couple other projects.
S.I.: I am not working on anything on her own but together we are working on A County Fair Romance book five, A Sex, Drugs & Rock book four, Working Class Beauties book two, Love at Rincon Point, Under His Skin, and Kincaid Falls.
Damn that's a lot of books but hey it keeps the readers happy, right?

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
 S.I. and JESS: Harvest time, six babies, a senior and pregnant again for the
Blackthorne/Hopkins Clan. That’s not counting business expansions, wedding plans, and Justin and Fallon learning the roles of their new lives. When you tie all that into one. This group is in for on hell of a Fall.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
S.I. and JESS: Jason Moma for Steve and Dove Cameron for Crystal. 


ME: While you were writing, do you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
S.I. and JESS: All the time. We have to get into the head space of the character just to write them.

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
S.I. HAYES I've literally been telling stories since I learned to talk. I wrote my first short story when I was seven.
JESS: Lord I'm always telling stories. In school, we were always told to write short stories and what's funny is I also wrote about a haunted house and I can scary stuff.

ME: Which writers inspire you?
JESS: I love Alice Clayton, A.M. Willard and most diffidently Louisa May Alcott. If it wasn't for Little Women I'd still hate reading.  There are plenty of authors but these are who I say when asked who I'd suggest.
S.I.:  Anne Rice. Dean Koontz, Margaret Wies, Douglas Adams, and Adam
Leak.

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
S.I. and JESS: We both use the computer as well as dictate.

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer to just see where an idea takes you?
S.I. and JESS: We've tried to outline and plot but the characters always do what they want and we just have to go with the flow.

ME: What book are you reading now?
S.I.: I'm not reading anything at the moment.
JESS: Right now, I'm reading or well listening to Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra
Torre getting ready for the movie to come on Passionflix.

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
S.I. and JESS: We do because usually that's how we get new readers.

ME: How do you relax?
S.I. and JESS: What's that?


ME: What is your favorite quote?
S.I.: We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars - Oliver Wilde
JESS: Have I gone Mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I'll tell you a Secret, All The Best People Are. - Alice In Wonderland

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers? 

S.I. and JESS: Have faith and remember it doesn't happen overnight.

ME: What does your writing process look like?
S.I. and JESS: Notebooks, Calendars, Spreadsheets, and OMG the bickering LOL

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
S.I. and JESS: Publishing because that's where editing, formatting, covers and all that fun junk come into place.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? 

Love? Action? Racy?
S.I.: Humorous, I can't write funny shit just to be funny.
JESS: I hate sexual scenes but I can write them.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
S.I. and JESS: Life happens you just have to pick the pieces and keep going.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
S.I. and JESS: That's the great thing about writing with a partner you always have somebody who is there to support your work.

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
JESS: Mine would be a fiction character, Sig from Guardians of Grigori by S.I.
S.I.: Jason Moma because I'd love to see if he could really break the bed.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
S.I.: When I'm writing with Jess I'm just along for the ride and when I'm writing alone I never know what direction my stories will unfold. So, I can't pick a genre because I never know where is going to lie.
JESS: I like writing about things that happen every day. I'm always adding a new social issue that I feel needs to be touched.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
JESS: Romance.
S.I.: Paranormal. 


ME: What secret talents do you have?
JESS: Honestly, I don't have any.
S.I.: I can't not disclose that information and have this interview stay PG.

ME: If you had a superpower, what would it be?
JESS: I'd like to be able to know everything so that I can cure cancer, autism and the stuff that they are still researching.
S.I.: I'd like to be able to fly because traveling would be easier.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
JESS: Scotland, Rome, you name anywhere but here and I want to see it.
S.I.:  In this country I'd like to go to California but I'd also like to see Ireland and Australia.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads. Please include links or email them to me at vicber02@gmail.com *

Where to find JESS HANEY: 
Pimp Team    ARC Team     Twitter

Where to find S.I. HAYES:

TOGETHER:

ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
S.I. and JESS: Not that we can think of.

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
S.I. and JESS: Thank you so much for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment