Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Meet The Author - AMALI ROSE


Welcome all

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Amali Rose, author of Under The Cherry Blossoms.

ME:  Hi Amali Rose, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?

AMALI ROSE: I am an Australian former blogger who published my debut novella this year. I have always been a huge book lover, and earlier this year when I got a story idea that wouldn't go away, I decided to take the leap and put pen to paper, metaphorically speaking!

ME: What genre do you write?
AMALI ROSE: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Comedy/Erotica

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
AMALI ROSE: I am currently working on Dandelion Dreams, the second book in my Fleurs d'amour Novella Series.

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
AMALI ROSE: DANDELION DREAMS.
Content is raw, unedited and subject to change.
© 2017 Amali Rose
Leaning back in his chair, Connors sizes me up, and for the first time since I entered his office, I sense a tiny bit of empathy. “Your administrative work here was adequate, Cassidy, and while your attitude wasn’t a fit for Patterson & Partners, I’m sure you would be an asset somewhere. Perhaps in a less rigid environment. All of which has been reflected in your reference letter.”
I’m still staring at him, slack jawed, as I try to make sense of what is happening. I hate this job. I’ve hated every office job I’ve ever had. But I have never once been fired from a job. People love me! I’m a fucking delight.
“That will be all, Miss. Jensen.”
I realise that I am, once again, being dismissed, so I gather myself as best as I can, and begin to make my exit.
Stopping in the doorway, I slowly turn, formulating my words and deciding what I want his last impression of me to be. Classy, I decide. Classy is the smart option.
Nah, fuck that.
“Connors, dude, everyone knows that’s a fucking rug on your head. And it’s not even a good one. It’s like an animal crawled up there, got cozy, and decided it was a good place to die. You really should do something about that, if you want people to take you seriously. Toodles!” Turning on my heel, I sashay out of the office, smirking at the sounds of indignation that follow me.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
AMALI ROSE: Hmm... for Under The Cherry Blossoms I can see Ashton Kutcher as Ben, and Rachel Bilson as Skye.
For Dandelion Dreams I like Blake Lively for Cassidy, and Jamie Dornan as Mason.

ME: While you were writing, do you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
AMALI ROSE: No, but I definitely have experienced moments where an idea will pop in my head from nowhere, and I run with it. Then five chapters later, it will fall into place. It's completely unconscious, and I like to think it's the characters helping me along.

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
AMALI ROSE: About six months ago.

ME: Which writers inspire you?
AMALI ROSE: There are so many incredibly talented indie authors out there. Some of my favorites are Meghan Quinn, Adriana Locke, Jana Aston and L.J. Shen.

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
AMALI ROSE: I write on my laptop, and take notes on my phone.

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer to just see where an idea takes you?
AMALI ROSE: I use a very simple chapter by chapter outline. It's incredibly basic, and I flesh it all out as I write.

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
AMALI ROSE: Unfortunately, I don't get as much time to read as I would like. I prefer romantic comedies that still have all the dirty bits lol!

ME: What book are you reading now?
AMALI ROSE: Darker by E.L. James

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
AMALI ROSE: I'm not sure if it works, I'm so new and I'm still trying to figure the whole marketing thing out. For me, personally, I do give a lot of books away, simply to get my work out there, and build a name for myself. I think at this point, that's more important to me than sales.

ME: How do you relax?
AMALI ROSE: I relax by spending time with my friends, reading or veging out in front of the tv.

ME: What is your favorite quote?
AMALI ROSE: "Though she be but little, she is fierce."


ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
AMALI ROSE: Oh wow, I don't really feel like I'm in any position to give advice! I guess I would just say, try to be as kind to yourself as you are to others, follow your gut, and surround yourself with people who will fight for you fiercely.

ME: What does your writing process look like?
AMALI ROSE: I'm really methodical. I write in sequence, and only ever have one WIP on the go. I'm definitely not your typical creative type!

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
AMALI ROSE: I really enjoyed every aspect of it, it was all very positive.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
AMALI ROSE: No, not particularly. Maybe scenes where I have to research things. I worry about making errors.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
AMALI ROSE: Absolutely, I learnt a lot about plot structure. I hope I continue to learn something from every book.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
AMALI ROSE: I have a really strong group of friends who have held my hand, encouraged me, and kicked my ass throughout the entire process. My book wouldn't have been published without them.

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
AMALI ROSE: Jamie Dornan. Because he's dreamy, and has an Irish accent!

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
AMALI ROSE: Romantic comedy.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
AMALI ROSE: Romantic comedy.

ME: What secret talents do you have?
AMALI ROSE: Well, I don't know how much talent I have, but probably writing. Very few people in my "real" life now I have started writing.

ME: If you had a superpower, what would it be?

AMALI ROSE: To be invisible.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before? Why?
AMALI ROSE: Ireland. I'm not sure why, I've just wanted to go there since I was a child.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads.
AMALI ROSE: Follow #AmaliRose here...

#SweetheartOfSmut #StalkLinks




INSTAGRAM    TWITTER   SPOTIFY     PINTREST

ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
AMALI ROSE: N/A

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
AMALI ROSE: Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment