Saturday, September 23, 2017

Meet The Author - K.L. HUMPHREYS:


Welcome all.

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing K.L. Humphreys author of:
Deadly Hunt
Deadly Obsession 

Deadly Past <--- TBR next month

ME: Hi K.L. Humphreys, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I was born in London, England but now lives in Ireland with the love of my life and her baby girl. In a way, the world has him to thank for my Debut Novel Deadly Hunt. After years of thinking about writing the story that had been dying to get out of my head, I finally confided in my other half. He gave me all the encouragement I needed to get the story out, he has been with me every step of the way.
     I love music, especially pop, R'n'B and rap and if I’m writing you will find it playing somewhere nearby. I also love all romance novels but of course, Romantic Suspense is my go to genre. When I’m not writing it...it's a good bet I am curled up somewhere reading it. If I don’t have a book in my hand, you might want to check to make sure I’m not sick.

ME: What genre do you write?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Romantic Suspense 


ME: What are you working on at the minute?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: On three things at the moment, although one is a top secret, that only 4 people know about. So, Deadly Encounter, is book 4 of The Deadly Series and I’m also writing a Contemporary Second chance romance.

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: This isn't edited, so be warned it's rough!!
“That cheeky fucker, calling you a whore. When his brother is raking it in, playing fucking football while you provide for his child. Oh that family, they have no decency.” She’s almost shouting and I know that if I try and calm her down, she’ll just get angrier. “Oh god, did you see that witch?”
I know exactly who she’s talking about and thankfully I didn’t. “No and I’m glad that I didn’t, I’m not sure I would have kept my cool.”
“Good, so who was it that was there? Was it their dad? I don’t really know him.” She’s not going to let this lie.
“No, the dad wasn’t there.” She looks at me expectantly, and I take a deep breath and tell her “It was Hunter that was there.” 

She’s on her feet, “That bastard was there? What did he say? Did he talk to you?” She’s visibly shaking with her temper.
“Yes, he called me a conniving piece of work. Look Stef, he’ll be on his way back to Devon soon and we can all forget about him.” Even though I want it to sound convincing, I fail and I know I do.
“Cut the shit Jess, I know that you still love him, and I know that he absolutely
destroyed you when he left. And as for that bitch of a mother of his, oh I’d love to get my hands on her.” She’s making fists and if Hunter’s mum was here, Stef would go for her.
“I know he destroyed me, and I know that no matter what happens, he chose this not me. Seeing him again not only brought back all those feelings, it brought up the anger I have at him abandoning his child. Not that he even had the balls to tell me himself, he got the she-bitch to do it for him. The coward.” I pick up my half-full glass and down it, talking about Hunter makes me emotional and I don’t like it.
“He did what?” I hear and look towards the door and see Owen standing there looking furious. “Tell me I heard you wrong.” 

“No, you heard right, Hunter is a coward who got his mother to break up with his pregnant girlfriend. Hell, he told her to get an abortion because he doesn’t want a child with scum.” Stef informs Owen and I pour myself vodka, there isn’t much left and this was almost a full bottle when we started.
“I’m going to kill him, who the fuck does he think he’s talking to?” Owen walks over to the coffee table and picks up the bottle of vodka and drinks it straight from the bottle. “So he told you to get rid, does he know that Emme was born?”
“Yes, I told him. The day that she was born I called him like I did every day of my pregnancy to tell him that I didn’t do as he asked and kept the baby. Anyway, he didn’t answer so I left a voicemail and I also texted him. But I got no reply.” I drink again, I know I shouldn’t drink this much, but it’s numbing the pain and
right now that’s all I care about.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Megan Fox and Chris Pine to Play Morgan and Luke in Deadly Past.

ME: While you were writing, do you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Kind of, it's more like you’re there watching them, going through every single emotion that they do. But with Deadly Encounter, I feel as though I'm Skye, I don't know why, maybe it's because, she's been with me for a long time. 


ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: The beginning of 2016. It wasn't until I talked to my Boyfriend in March or April of 2016, that i started to write.

ME: Which writers inspire you?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Wow, so many.. Karen Rose and Nora Roberts, they fill most of my bookshelves.
But, Emma Hart, Jodi Ellen Malpas and Kristen Ashley... Those women, are definitely some of my favorite Authors, because their books always and I mean always get to me. They're the ones I go back and re-read. Even during the re-read I still get all the feels!

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand? 

K.L. HUMPHREYS: My Laptop, or if I’m not home I’ll use the Google Docs app on my phone

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer to just see where an idea takes you?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Both. I'll write out an outline and have it mapped out, then it'll just get thrown out the window when I just run with an idea, I'll end up sitting, staring at the screen wondering where the hell that came from.

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I try to, I love reading, and it's something that makes every author happy, reading and writing, it's a part of who we are. My fav authors, wow, okay, so Emma Hart, JEM, KA, JK Rowling, Karen Rose wow there are way too many to name. 


ME: What book are you reading now?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I'm currently doing a re-read of Knight by Kristen Ashley!

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I'm not sure, I just had a sale, I put Deadly Hunt up for Free and Deadly Obsession as 99c, over 1,000 copies of Deadly Hunt was downloaded. I'm hoping that even if a third loved Deadly Hunt, that they would then go on and buy Deadly Obsession and hopefully any other book I write.

ME: How do you relax?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I love spending time with my family, we're really close and talk to each other every day! My sister is my best friend. Also, my Boyfriend and my baby girl, just being around people you love and who loves you, really makes me relaxed. 


ME: What is your favorite quote?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those that win battles we know nothing about.

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Do it, it's so worth it. Even the bad days. Not everyone is going to like the stories you tell, but those do, they are what makes it worth all the tears.

ME: What does your writing process look like?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: A mess. I always write two books at once, that way when I get stuck on one of them, I go to the other one. I tend to write more of one than the other, but they all get written in the end. I have so many notebooks and scraps of paper that have notes and outlines jotted down on them.

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Waiting for my Beta readers to get back to me, because even though it’s really only a few days, it feels like forever. That and when I hit publish, I start to panic, what if everyone actually hates it.

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Yes, sex scenes. Mine always seem like a teenager wrote them.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Yes, that the more you write, the better you get.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
K.L. HUMPHREYS: My friends, I met so many great friends through the book world and they have all been so supportive.

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I'd love to meet J.K. Rowling. I'm a massive Potterhead. Her books, they made my childhood and teenage years, hell, I’ll still read them to this day.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Romance. I love romance, I love having that happy ever after.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read? 

K.L. HUMPHREYS: Romance, but any form of Romance... So Dark, Fantasy, Suspense, Contemporary.

ME: What secret talents do you have?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I don't really have any lol

ME: If you had a superpower, what would it be?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: I'd love to be able to read minds, especially if I was around my fav authors, I’d love to see into their minds.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: America 


ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads. Please include links or email them to me at vicber02@gmail.com
K.L. HUMPHREYS:

Goodreads       Amazon          Facebook              

Twitter           Instagram        Website 


Newsletter       BookBub       E-Mail

Deadly Hunt:
Amazon     Kobo      Google Play

IBooks       B&N

Deadly Obsession: On KU


ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
K.L. HUMPHREYS: No, thank you.

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
K.L. HUMPHREYS: Thank you so much for taking the time to do up this interview


****BONUS****


***Coming Soon***
 Deadly Past
Book 3 of the Deadly Series

Friends with Benefits. Simple, right?
No strings.
No complications.
And definitely no pesky feelings.

On that, Morgan Yates and Luke Dallas agree. Until they don't.

Morgan makes the monumental mistake of falling in love with Luke and walking away may be the hardest thing she ever has to do. After all, she did move here to start living life on her terms, and to make a name for herself as a new Police Detective.

While Luke is too busy worrying about his past, she needs to start moving towards to her future.

Luke can deny it all he wants, but he knows Morgan is it for him. He also knows he screwed up big time by letting her walk away, but he’s too stubborn to let go of the past and see what is right in front of him. Doing whatever it takes to get her back may just be the bravest thing he ever does.

But when Luke's past catches up with him, will Morgan be the one who pays the ultimate price?


Add to your TBR List: GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment