Saturday, February 10, 2018

MEET THE AUTHOR - WYSTERIA WILDE


Welcome all.


Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Wysteria Wilde, author of Everything Undone, The Stud Stable, Whispering Hands (Spring 2018)

ME: Hi Wysteria Wilde, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and
your background?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I just turned 50, and I'm from Des Moines, Iowa. I have a Master's Degree from Iowa State University in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. I've been writing since I learned

ME: What genre do you write?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Romantic Suspense

ME: What are you working on at the minute?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Whispering Hands

ME: Can you share a little of your current work with us?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Copyright 2018 @ Wysteria Wilde
Sometimes life wraps itself around you like a boa constrictor and refuses to let go. It’s been like this for me for as far back as I can remember. I often still feel like I’m choking on the smoke that nearly killed me all those years ago. Sometimes, I’m sure if I look down at my hands for too long, they’ll be on fire again - and I can practically feel the furry material of those little pink gloves I was wearing melt against my skin. The pain was so excruciating I couldn’t even scream.  And, though the pain lingers, there are no flames when I look at my hands now.
Instead, there are scars - ugly raised red lines and leathery patches of waxy white skin spreading across both of my palms and wrapping around most of my fingers, as if a huge spider permanently marked me with its web - on both hands, just to prove its point. My thumbs were spared, for some strange reason, and because I eventually figured out that I wanted to be an artist, I have been grateful for that. The pain everywhere else is tolerable as long as I can paint. Creating art has become my main coping mechanism, my escape from reality, more important to me than sleep - because even the things I don’t remember keep a death grip on me every time I close my eyes and try to sleep.

ME: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Female lead: Selena Gomez and Male lead: Hugh Laurie

ME: While you were writing, do you ever feel as if you were one of the characters? 
WYSTERIA WILDE: All the time!

ME: When did you decide to become a writer?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I knew from the time I was old enough to create stories.


ME: Which writers inspire you?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Mitch Albom, Wally Lamb, Flannery O'Connor, Charlotte Bronte, Susan Ward, Lesley Jones, Grace Risata

ME: Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I write longhand quite a bit because "back in my day" - when we only had typewriters - I always wanted to have it mostly written before I types & then I would edit as I typed. I find now that my words flow better when I hand write in notebooks - then when I type (on a ChromeBook), I can edit as necessary.

ME: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer to just see where an idea takes you?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I usually start with the main plot and a bit of an outline, and then things evolve scene by scene (and not in order) quite a bit.

ME: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
WYSTERIA WILDE: Usually, when I finish writing a book, I take a month off to read. I do also try to read a little every day, no matter what - but once I start, I don't always want to stop - so that can be a dangerous thing!

ME:  What book are you reading now?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I'm reading "My Dirty Detour" by Grace Risata - she has a great sense of wit and humor that she effortlessly combines with a healthy level of sex and steaminess. I'm also reading "One Last Kiss" by Susan Ward - one of the books from her Affair Without End series. All of her books revolve around and evolve from one family that started with a rock star romance called "Girl on the Half Shell" - and wow, let me tell you, it's been a great ride!

ME: Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Yes, especially when you're new. You have to do whatever you can to get your name out there.


ME: How do you relax?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Music. I'm addicted to Pearl Jam - obsessed with lead singer Eddie Vedder!

ME: What is your favorite quote?
WYSTERIA WILDE: If there is a question, there is no question.

ME: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Don't be a writer. Be writing. ALWAYS!

ME: What does your writing process look like?
WYSTERIA WILDE: It's all over the place. Sometimes, I'll have a planned out day for it; other times, I'm lying in bed and a great line or thought or sub-plot comes to me, and I have to jump out of bed and write it down (I have notebooks all over the house, for this reason); or, I'm planning to write, but I get sidetracked and then forget stuff I wanted to write down.

ME: What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Promoting/Marketing - it's not that it's hard or that it sucks. It's just so freaking time consuming!

ME: Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
WYSTERIA WILDE: The sex scenes are actually the most difficult for me. There's really not words to describe the emotions leading up to and during great sex, but I do my best. Some scenes are easier than others.

ME: Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Editing is critical, and I mean self-editing, as well as having an editor.

ME: Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
WYSTERIA WILDE: The reader's group on Facebook called Romance Readers Recommend.

ME: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Eddie Vedder - lead singer of Pearl Jam - because he's a huge rock star but also a loving husband and father, a female rights advocate, has created and supports tons of charities and environmental causes, and his lyrics are as deep as his voice...yes, he's a sexy mofo, too.

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about? 

WYSTERIA WILDE: New Adult/Coming of Age/Contemporary Romantic Suspense

ME: What is your favorite theme/genre to read?
WYSTERIA WILDE: New Adult/Coming of Age/Contemporary Romance (with humor and/or forbidden romance and/or second chance and/or enemies to friends)

ME: What secret talents do you have?
WYSTERIA WILDE: They call me the Child Whisperer. I've been a nanny for years, and I've always loved kids. I seem to be able to keep them soothed and calm even when they want to have meltdowns. Usually, they just need some love.

ME: If you had a superpower, what would it be?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Healing - of any and all ailments - physical, psychological, emotional, etc.

ME: Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before? Why?
WYSTERIA WILDE: Italy - because I'm Italian with roots to Sicily, but I've never been there.

ME: How can readers discover more about you and you work? i.e. Website: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: Lnkedin: Pinterest: Amazon Author Page: Smashwords: Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.) Goodreads.
WYSTERIA WILDE:



ME: Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
WYSTERIA WILDE: I would just like for people to give my books a chance. Please.

ME: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
WYSTERIA WILDE: Thank you for including me!

EXCITING NEW UPDATE:

new book Whispering Hands will be released Spring 2018
new Valentine's day novella Rock Star Stud will be released in February 2018
new book Verbs in the Rain will be released Summer 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment